About CHC30221 | Certificate III In School Based Education Support
This qualification reflects the role of workers who assist teachers and support student learning in a range of classroom settings. They complete general administrative as well as operational tasks to support students with learning under the guidance of a teacher or other educational professional.
Traxion Training currently delivers this qualification as assessment only via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Students will be expected to complete a self assessment kit as a first step in completing the RPL kit. If gap training is required to attain this qualification, students will need to complete the gap training with another provider. This means that, in the event that gap training is identified, Traxion Training will only be able to offer students a Statement of Attainment.
RPL & Credit Transfer
Recognition of prior learning is all about the skills and knowledge you’ve collected through work and life experiences and then transferring them to current training course requirements. Credit transfer also recognises previous formal learning (e.g. other VET qualifications). It uses the copy of the qualification, record of results (which includes details of the issuing RTO and the date issued), statement of attainment previously issued to the student for each unit of competency, or authenticated VET transcripts downloaded from the USI (Unique Student Identifier) platform. All courses can be completed using an assessment only pathway through RPL in Traxion if the candidate possesses sufficient skills and experience as determined by the assessor.
Enrolments are processed upon receipt of a completed enrolment form. All policy information regarding conditions of enrolment, refunds and our guarantee to complete all training and assessment requirements once the enrolment has commenced, is contained in our Terms and Conditions.
For further information please refer to the Student Handbook.
The specific course entry requirements are:
- Traxion Training will outline the RPL process clearly at course commencement and gather evidence from the student to demonstrate their capacity to manage the assessment requirements. If the student is not able to meet these requirements, then alternatives will be sought.
- Technology skills – basic level computer skills and access to a computer will be required.
- Student should have approximately 1 year of experience in the school-based education industry. If the student has less experience but believes that they have sufficient experience to be assessed through recognised prior learning, Traxion Training will assess these situations on a case by case basis.
- To achieve this qualification, completed a total of least 100 hours of work in a classroom environment catering to primary or secondary school students, within at least one school in Australia as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of units of competency.
Entry Requirements For Funding
- As per Certificate 3 Guarantee Student fact sheet https://desbt.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0018/8145/c3g-factsheet-student.pdf
- be a Queensland resident
- be aged 15 years or over, and no longer at school (with the exception of VET in Schools students)
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident (including humanitarian entrants), or a temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency
- not hold, or be enrolled in, a certificate III level or higher qualification (not including qualifications completed at school and foundations skills training).
- Reference: click here
- Pre-requisite qualification: N/A
Possible Job Roles
Job roles associated with this qualification may include but not be limited to:
- School-based Teacher Aide / Assistant
- School-based Education Assistant
- School-based Education Assistance (Special Needs)
- School-based Literacy Worker
- School-based Support Worker
|Unit Code||Unit Title|
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people|
|CHCEDS033||Meet legal and ethical obligations in an education support environment|
|CHCEDS034||Contribute to the planning and implementation of educational programs|
|CHCEDS035||Contribute to student education in all developmental domains|
|CHCEDS036||Support the development of literacy and oral language skills|
|CHCEDS037||Support the development of numeracy skills|
|CHCEDS057||Support students with additional needs in the classroom|
|CHCEDS059||Contribute to the health, safety and wellbeing of students|
|CHCEDS060||Work effectively with students and colleagues|
|CHCEDS061||Support responsible student behaviour|
|CHCDIS007||Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability|
|CHCEDS040||Search and access online information|
|CHCEDS041||Set up and sustain learning areas|
|CHCEDS042||Provide support for e-learning|
|HLTWHS001||Participate in workplace health and safety|
Vocational placement hours requirements
|This Qualification requires students to have completed a minimum of 100 hours of vocational placement. Traxion Training expects students to have already completed these hours because Traxion only offers assessment only based assessment method and do not offer any training and delivery for this qualification. Traxion currently only offer RPL services to students who have worked at least these hours and is currently working in the industry. If a student doesn’t meet the vocational placement hours requirement in the specified units of competencies of the qualification, Traxion would not be able to issue Statement of Attainment for the specified unit of competency or a qualification.
There are 2 units of competencies in this Qualification which requires vocational placement.
Duration and Process
Duration of the Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) process may be approximately 8 weeks to 6 months. It is largely dependent on the student’s ability to respond to the assessment kit provided. The RPL Kit normally consists of the following sections (please note this is subject to change, please contact us for detailed information)
The CHC30221 Certificate III In School Based Education Support is currently being funded by the Queensland State Government’s Certificate 3 Guarantee for eligible participants. Eligible students must pay a Co-Contribution Fee.
For full eligibility information, terms and conditions and a breakdown of the fees applicable please click here.