About CHC50121 | Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
This qualification reflects the role of educators in early childhood education and care who work in regulated children’s education and care services in Australia. Educators at this level are responsible for designing and implementing curriculum that meets the requirements of an approved learning framework and for maintaining compliance in other areas of service operations.
Traxion Training currently delivers this qualification as assessment only via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Students will be expected to complete a self assessment kit as a first step in completing the RPL kit. If gap training is required to attain this qualification, students will need to complete the gap training with another provider. This means that, in the event that gap training is identified, Traxion Training will only be able to offer students a Statement of Attainment.
RPL & Credit Transfer
Recognition of prior learning is all about the skills and knowledge you’ve collected through work and life experiences and then transferring them to current training course requirements. Credit transfer also recognises previous formal learning (e.g. other VET qualifications). It uses the copy of the qualification, record of results (which includes details of the issuing RTO and the date issued), statement of attainment previously issued to the student for each unit of competency, or authenticated VET transcripts downloaded from the USI (Unique Student Identifier) platform. All courses can be completed using an assessment only pathway through RPL in Traxion if the candidate possesses sufficient skills and experience as determined by the assessor.
Enrolments are processed upon receipt of a completed enrolment form. All policy information regarding conditions of enrolment, refunds and our guarantee to complete all training and assessment requirements once the enrolment has commenced, is contained in our Terms and Conditions.
For further information please refer to the Student Handbook.
The specific course entry requirements are:
- Entry to this qualification is open to individuals who:
- hold a CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care or
- CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care.
- Traxion Training will outline the RPL process clearly at course commencement and gather evidence from the student to demonstrate their capacity to manage the assessment requirements. If the student is not able to meet these requirements, then alternatives will be sought.
- Technology skills – basic level computer skills and access to a computer will be required
- Student should have approximately 1 year of experience in the Early Childhood Education and Care industry. If the student has less experience but believes that they have sufficient experience to be assessed through recognised prior learning, Traxion Training will assess these situations on a case by case basis.
Entry Requirements For Funding
- As per Higher Level Skills Student fact sheet https://desbt.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0026/7784/hls-student-factsheet.pdf
- be a Queensland resident
- be aged 15 years or over, and no longer at school (with the exception of VET in Schools students)
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident (including humanitarian entrants), or a temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency
- not hold, or be enrolled in, a certificate IV level or higher qualification (not including qualifications completed at school and foundations skills training).
- Reference: click here
- Pre-requisite qualification: CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care or CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
Possible Job Roles
Job roles associated with this qualification may include but not be limited to:
- Early Childhood Teacher
- Room Leader
- Lead Educator
- Centre Manager
|Unit Code||Unit Title|
|BSBTWK502||Manage team effectiveness|
|CHCECE041||Maintain a safe and healthy environment for children|
|CHCECE042||Foster holistic early childhood learning, development and wellbeing|
|CHCECE043||Nurture creativity in children|
|CHCECE044||Facilitate compliance in a children’s education and care service|
|CHCECE045||Foster positive and respectful interactions and behaviour in children|
|CHCECE046||Implement strategies for the inclusion of all children|
|CHCECE047||Analyse information to inform children’s learning|
|CHCECE048||Plan and implement children’s education and care curriculum|
|CHCECE049||Embed environmental responsibility in service operations|
|CHCECE050||Work in partnership with children’s families|
|CHCPRP003||Reflect on and improve own professional practice|
|CHCECE053||Respond to grievances and complaints about the service|
|CHCMGT003||Lead the work team|
|CHCPOL003||Research and apply evidence to practice|
Vocational placement hours requirements
This Qualification requires students to have completed a minimum of 280 hours of vocational placement. Traxion Training expects students to have already completed these hours because Traxion only offers assessment only based assessment method and do not offer any training and delivery for this qualification. Traxion currently only offer RPL services to students who have worked at least these hours and is currently working in the industry. If a student doesn’t meet the vocational placement hours requirement in the specified units of competencies of the qualification, Traxion would not be able to issue Statement of Attainment for the specified unit of competency or a qualification. There are 2 units of competencies in this Qualification which requires vocational placement.
- CHCECE042 requires students to have performed the activities outlined in the performance criteria of this unit during a period of at least 280 hours of work in a regulated children’s education and care service in Australia. More information can be found here.
- CHCECE048 requires students to have performed the activities outlined in the performance criteria of this unit during a period of least 280 hours of work in a regulated children’s education and care service in Australia. More information can be found here.
Duration and Process
Duration of the Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) process is approximately 8 weeks to 6 months. It is largely dependent on the student’s ability to respond to the assessment kit provided. The RPL Kit normally consists of the following sections (please note this is subject to change, please contact us for detailed information)
- Self-Assessment Questionnaire
- List of Evidence Documents & Workplace Portfolio
- One on One Competency Questioning Interview with the Trainer
- Observation recording sheets
- Third Party Verification
The CHC50121 Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care is currently being funded by the Queensland State Government’s Higher Level Skills for eligible participants. Eligible students must pay a Co-Contribution Fee.
For full eligibility information, terms and conditions and a breakdown of the fees applicable please click here.