Fees and charges for your training program will be invoiced upon enrolment and are to be paid prior to commencement, unless alternative payment arrangements have been made directly with you or your employer.
Payment Plan Policy
Payment plans are available via our third-party provider Debit Success and details of your payment dates and fees they may impose is provided in our Direct Debit application form found at: www.traxiontraining.com.au/dd *Note: Not available for classroom delivery or RPL certification.
For full qualification programs, we offer a six, twelve or eighteen-month delivery options where assessments are due either monthly, bi-monthly or quarterly unless negotiated by exception with your trainer. Your trainer will discuss the pace at which you wish to complete your training during your induction session and provide your assessment due dates. It is a requirement of enrolment that reasonable progress is to be made to complete the required assessments on time. It is fine to switch between either option should your circumstance change, however, missed assessment due dates (where an extension has not been requested) may result in your trainer discussing a training suspension. Your trainer will provide details of their regular web-tutorial sessions and encourage you to participate in these or listen to the provided recorded versions at a time convenient to you.
Direct email support from your trainer is also available, however, some trainers are part-time and not available everyday – they will confirm their availability and response times during your induction session and you may contact our Student Support services outside this availability by calling 07 3038 3184.
It is a requirement of enrolment that all assessment work be completed within 6 months of the completion of the classroom delivery program, or cancellation of enrolment may apply.
It is a requirement of RPL assessment enrolment that all evidence be provided within 90 days of the completion of your competency conversation with your trainer, or cancellation of enrolment may apply. Where training is suspended, a $250 re-enrolment fee will occur.
Traxion Training does not charge a resubmission fee for the first resubmission, however, should subsequent resubmission occur a fee of $50 per unit will apply.
Transfer of training programs or classroom training dates must be advised in writing at least 14 days prior to the commencement of the first scheduled training session. Transfers made after that date may be subject to a penalty charge of $100.
Fees and Refund Policy
Training Management (T/A Traxion Training) is entitled to charge fees for services provided to students undertaking training and assessment that leads to a nationally recognised outcome. These charges are generally for items such as course materials, text books, student services and training and assessment services. Please visit https://www.traxiontraining.com.au/pdf/Fees_and_Refunds_Policy.pdf to download our Fees & Refund Policy.
Training Management t/a Traxion Training will maintain a tuition assurance scheme to safeguard students in the event of it becoming insolvent and unable to return fees that have been paid in advance. The tuition assurance scheme will source similar training to allow the effected participants under this condition to complete their studies without further financial burden. However, if the student cannot be placed, the tuition assurance will make refunds.
All invoices issued by Traxion Training are to be paid within the timeframes stipulated above. Traxion Training reserves the right to take whatever action is required including, discontinuing programs, institute legal proceedings, etc. to safeguard its interests and applicable costs may be incurred.
Should you be unable to continue your studies due to legitimate reasons such as sickness, death or family circumstances, a pro-rata refund may be given less a $250 administration fee upon receipt of evidence.
Under the Data Provision Requirements 2012, Traxion Training is required to collect personal information about you and to disclose that personal information to the National Centre for Vocational Education Research Ltd (NCVER).
Your personal information (including the personal information contained on this enrolment form and your training activity data) may be used or disclosed by Traxion Training for statistical, regulatory and research purposes. Traxion Training may disclose your personal information for these purposes to third parties, including:
- School – if you are a secondary student undertaking VET, including a school-based apprenticeship or traineeship;
- Employer – if you are enrolled in training paid by your employer;
- Commonwealth and State or Territory government departments and authorised agencies;
- Organisations conducting student surveys; and
Personal information disclosed to NCVER may be used or disclosed for the following purposes:
- Issuing a VET Statement of Attainment or VET Qualification, and populating Authenticated VET Transcripts;
- Facilitating statistics and research relating to education, including surveys;
- Understanding how the VET market operates, for policy, workforce planning and consumer information; and
- Administering VET, including program administration, regulation, monitoring and evaluation.
You may receive an NCVER student survey which may be administered by an NCVER employee, agent or third party contractor. You may opt out of the survey at the time of being contacted.
NCVER will collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the VET Data Policy and all NCVER policies and protocols (including those published on NCVER’s website at www.ncver.edu.au).
Certificate 3 Guarantee & Higher Level Skills Program Agreement
I understand that I am making application for funding through the Queensland Government’s VET Investment programs of Certificate 3 Guarantee or Higher Level Skills. As part of my application for funding under the VET Investment program, I agree to and understand the following:
- Funding for further training programs may not be accessible once I have completed this training.
- I will be required to pay the student co-contribution fee as provided.
- If I am not already working in the industry and require work placement for the course, I will be required to co-ordinate this myself and will also need to obtain at additional cost to myself:
- Community programs (eg Aged, Disability, HACC) – Police Check
- Certificate III/IV in Education Support – Police Check & Blue Card
- I have been given details of all Terms &Conditions of enrolment including a refund policy at https://www.traxiontraining.com.au/enrolment-terms
- I have been directed to the Queensland government’s fact sheets at:
- Certificate 3 Guarantee: https://training.qld.gov.au/site/providers/Documents/funded/certificate3/c3g-factsheet-student.pdf
- Higher Level Skills: https://training.qld.gov.au/site/providers/Documents/funded/hls-student-factsheet.pdf
- I have been provided with a Training Fact Sheet and Student Handbook including:
- A breakdown of all costs including how and when fees will be charged, collected and refunded at the unit of competency level;
- Training timelines, delivery mode, delivery location;
- Vocational/work placement when this is mandatory;
- Support services available to assist to complete training;
- Information regarding 3rd party arrangements;
- A requirement to complete a student employment survey within three months of completing or discontinuing training.