About CHC30213 | Certificate III in Education Support
This qualification reflects the role of workers in a range of education settings, including public and independent schools and community
education settings, who provide assistance and support to teachers and students under broad-based supervision.
Traxion Training currently delivers this qualification as assessment only via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Students will be expected to complete a self assessment kit as a first step in completing the RPL kit. If gap training is required to attain this qualification, students will need to complete the gap training with another provider. This means that, in the event that gap training is identified, Traxion Training will only be able to offer students a Statement of Attainment.
Duration of the Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) process is approximately 8 weeks to 6 months. It is largely dependent on the student’s ability to respond to the assessment kit provided. The RPL Kit normally consists of the following sections (please note this is subject to change, please contact us for detailed information)
- Self-Assessment Questionnaire
- List of Evidence Documents & Workplace Portfolio
- One on One Competency Questioning Interview with the Trainer
- Observation recording sheets
- Third Party Verification
RPL & Credit Transfer
All courses can be completed using an assessment only pathway through RPL if the candidate possesses sufficient skills and experience as determined by the assessor.
The CHC30213 Certificate III in Education Support is currently being funded by the Queensland State Government’s Certificate 3 Guarantee for eligible participants. Eligible students must pay a Co-Contribution Fee.
For full eligibility information, terms and conditions and a breakdown of the fees applicable please click here.
Enrolments are processed upon receipt of a completed enrolment form. All policy information regarding conditions of enrolment, refunds and our guarantee to complete all training and assessment requirements once the enrolment has commenced, is contained in our Terms and Conditions.
For further information please refer to the Student Handbook.
The specific course entry requirements are:
- As this is an assessment only pathway, demonstration of LLN capabilities is not necessary to prove / guage the candidates ability to manage the learning content. Traxion Training will outline the RPL process clearly at commencement and gather evidence from the student to demonstrate their capacity to manage the assessment requirements. If the student is not able to meet these requirements, then alternatives will be sought.
- Technology skills – basic level computer skills and access to a computer will be required.
- Candidate should have approximately 2 years of experience in the Education industry. Sometimes when students have less number of years of experience but believes that he or she have sufficient experience to be assess through recognised prior learning, Traxion Training will assess these situations and requests on a case by case basis.
- To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed at least 100 hours of work in a specific ranged of skills related to the education industry as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of the units of competency.
Entry Requirements For Funding
- Reference: http://www.skillsgateway.training.qld.gov.au/content/user/subsidy/SUBSIDIES-LIST.pdf
- Pre-requisite qualification: N/A
Possible Job Roles
Job roles associated with this qualification may include but not be limited to:
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander education Worker
- Education Assistant
- Education Assistance (Special Needs)
- Home Tutor
- Literacy Worker
- Support Worker
- Teacher Aide / Assistant
|Unit Code||Unit Title|
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people|
|CHCDIV002||Promote Aboriginal andor Torres Strait Islander cultural safety|
|CHCECE006||Support behaviour of children and young people|
|CHCEDS001||Comply with legislative, policy and industrial requirements in the education environment|
|CHCEDS002||Assist in implementation of planned educational programs|
|CHCEDS003||Contribute to student education in all developmental domains|
|CHCEDS004||Contribute to organisation and management of classroom or centre|
|CHCEDS005||Support the development of literacy and oral language skills|
|CHCEDS006||Support the development of numeracy skills|
|CHCEDS007||Work effectively with students and colleagues|
|CHCEDS017||Contribute to the health and safety of students|
|CHCEDS018||Support students with additional needs in the classroom environment|
|BSBFLM312||Contribute to team effectiveness|
|CHCEDS008||Comply with school administrative requirements|
|CHCEDS012||Set up and sustain individual and small group learning areas|
|CHCPRT001||Identify and respond to children and young people at risk|
|HLTWHS001||Participate in workplace health and safety|
Vocational placement hours requirements
This Qualification requires students to have completed a minimum of 100 hours of vocational placement. Traxion Training expects students to have already completed these hours because Traxion only offers assessment only based assessment method and do not offer any training and delivery for this qualification. Traxion currently only offer RPL services to students who have worked at least these hours and is currently working in the industry. If a student doesn’t meet the vocational placement hours requirement in the specified units of competencies of the qualification, Traxion would not be able to issue Statement of Attainment for the specified unit of competency or a qualification. There are 2 units of competencies in this Qualification which requires vocational placement.
- CHCEDS002 requires students to have performed the activities outlined in the performance criteria of this unit during a period of at least 100 hours of work within at least one education provider. More information can be found here.
- CHCEDS003 requires students to have performed the activities outlined in the performance criteria of this unit during a period of at least 100 hours of work within at least one education provider. More information can be found here.