About CHCSS00095 | Dementia Support – Service Delivery Skill Set
Develop the skills and mental fortitude to provide support to people living with dementia and develop strategies to address their unmet needs. Learn how to facilitate responsible behaviour and respond effectively to behaviours of concern.
Our courses are delivered 100% online and have been designed to be delivered to those aligned with a workplace to enable easy completion of the practical tasks associated with some components of assessment.
Duration of each course is determined using the Australian Qualifications Framework as a guide. Skill Set level courses have a 3-month expected duration. This duration may change dependent on the delivery methodology. Students may apply for an extension should they require additional time.
RPL & Credit Transfer
All courses can be completed using an assessment only pathway through RPL if the candidate possesses sufficient skills and experience as determined by the assessor.
The CHCSS00095 – Dementia Support – Service Delivery Skill Set is currently being jointly and fully funded by both the Australian and Queensland State Government through the JobTrainer Fund for eligible participants.
For applicants who are not eligible for funding, this training can be completed fee for service (self-funded) for a cost of $1200.
For full eligibility information, terms and conditions and a breakdown of the fees applicable please click here.
Enrolments are processed upon receipt of a completed enrolment form. All policy information regarding conditions of enrolment, refunds and our guarantee to complete all training and assessment requirements once the enrolment has commenced, is contained in our Terms and Conditions.
For further information please refer to the Student Handbook.
Skill Set Requirements
This skill set has been endorsed by industry as suitable for individuals who have any one of the following:
- hold a qualification at Certificate III level or higher in an area involving provision of direct client care or support or
- have skills equivalent to the qualification requirement validated through a recognition of prior learning process or
- have substantial industry experience, on the job training and development along with supervisor assessment of capacity.
You must have access to a computer with internet and camera capabilities, MS Office, PDF reader software or a Tablet device with internet and camera capabilities, MS Office, PDF reader software, a scanner and printer.
We recommend you have language, literacy and numeracy skills sufficient to allow you to interpret documents and prepare written reports.
All students will be required to attend a scheduled online zoom workshop to complete their assessments based on their workplace simulation activities. Students will be given different dates to attend and are expected to attend in order to complete the skill set.
|Unit Code||Unit Description|
|CHCAGE005||Provide support to people living with dementia|
|CHCCCS008||Develop strategies to address unmet needs|
|CHCCCS009||Facilitate responsible behaviour|
|CHCCCS020||Respond effectively to behaviours of concern|
Student Learning Plan:
1. Student will be provided with the following resources. We require students to study the b., c. and d. resources prior to attend the opt in assessment workshop:
a. Learner Guide
b. Preworkshop reading
c. Preworkshop training video(s)
d. Student assessment kit
e. Additional supplementary resources, including workplace policy and procedures templates
2. Student Support team will contact each student to do training orientation after the enrolment and prior to the assessment workshop
3. Attend the assessment workshop.
a. Trainer will run the training on core knowledge and skills about the skill set,
b. conduct workplace simulation activities, and
c. offer small group or one on one tuition support
4. We require learners to submit completed assessments within 1 working day after the assessment workshop. Traxion will issue the Statement of Attainment and the Record of Results within 30 calendar days of a student being assessed as competent.
Proposed assessment methods
Case study analysis, simulated workplace projects and tasks, and written assessments. This skill set is trained and assessed holistically.