About CHC43015 | Certificate IV in Ageing Support
This qualification reflects the role of support workers who complete specialised tasks and functions in aged services; either in residential, home or community based environments. Workers will take responsibility for their own outputs within defined organisation guidelines and maintain quality service delivery through the development, facilitation and review of individualised service planning and delivery.
Workers may be required to demonstrate leadership and have limited responsibility for the organisation and the quantity and quality of outputs of others within limited parameters.
Traxion Training currently delivers this qualification as assessment only via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Students will be expected to complete a self assessment kit as a first step in completing the RPL kit. If gap training is required to attain this qualification, students will need to complete the gap training with another provider. This means that, in the event that gap training is identified, Traxion Training will only be able to offer students a Statement of Attainment.
Enrolments are processed upon receipt of a completed enrolment form. All policy information regarding conditions of enrolment, refunds and our guarantee to complete all training and assessment requirements once the enrolment has commenced, is contained in our Terms and Conditions.
For further information please refer to the Student Handbook.
The specific course entry requirements are:
- As this is an assessment only pathway, demonstration of LLN capabilities is not necessary to prove / gauge the candidates ability to manage the learning content. Traxion Training will outline the RPL process clearly at commencement and gather evidence from the student to demonstrate their capacity to manage the assessment requirements. If the student is not able to meet these requirements, then alternatives will be sought.
- Technology skills – basic level computer skills and access to a computer will be required
- Candidate should have approximately 2 years of experience in the Aged Care or/and Community Services industry. Sometimes when students have less number of years of experience but believe that he or she have sufficient experience to be assessed through recognised prior learning, Traxion Training will assess these situations and requests on a case by case basis.
- To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed at least 120 hours of work as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of the units of competency.
- Student must already hold the CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (or superseded qualification) and be an Existing Worker in the Aged Care industry sector
CHC30212 Certificate III in Aged Care
CHC30208 Certificate III in Aged Care
CHC30102 Certificate III in Aged Care Work
CHC30312 Certificate III in Home and Community Care
CHC30308 Certificate III in Home and Community Care
CHC30202 Certificate III in Home and Community Care
CHC30408 Certificate III in Disability
CHC30302 Certificate III in Disability Work
Entry Requirements For Funding
- As per Higher Level Skills Student fact sheet https://desbt.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0026/7784/hls-student-factsheet.pdf
- be a Queensland resident
- be aged 15 years or over, and no longer at school (with the exception of VET in Schools students)
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident (including humanitarian entrants), or a temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency
- not hold, or be enrolled in, a certificate IV level or higher qualification (not including qualifications completed at school and foundations skills training).
- Reference: click here
- Pre-requisite qualification: Student must already hold the Certificate III in Individual Support (or superseded qualification) and be an Existing Worker in the Aged Care industry sector – applies to new students from 1 July 2019
To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed at least 120 hours of work as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of the units of competency.
|Unit Code||Unit Title|
|CHCADV001||Facilitate the interests and rights of clients|
|CHCAGE001||Facilitate the empowerment of older people|
|CHCAGE003||Coordinate services for older people|
|CHCAGE004||Implement interventions with older people at risk|
|CHCAGE005||Provide support to people living with dementia|
|CHCCCS006||Facilitate individual service planning and delivery|
|CHCCCS011||Meet personal support needs|
|CHCCCS023||Support independence and wellbeing|
|CHCCCS025||Support relationships with carers and families|
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people|
|CHCLEG003||Manage legal and ethical compliance|
|CHCPAL001||Deliver care services using a palliative approach|
|CHCPRP001||Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships|
|HLTAAP001||Recognise healthy body systems|
|HLTWHS002||Follow safe work practices for direct client care|
|CHCAGE002||Implement falls prevention strategies|
|CHCDIV002||Promote Aboriginal andor Torres Strait Islander cultural safety|
|CHCPRP003||Reflect on and improve own professional practice|
Vocational placement hours requirements
This Qualification requires students to have completed a minimum of 120 hours of vocational placement. Traxion Training expects students to have already completed these hours because Traxion only offers assessment only based assessment method and do not offer any training and delivery for this qualification. Traxion currently only offer RPL services to students who have worked at least these hours and is currently working in the industry. If a student doesn’t meet the vocational placement hours requirement in the specified units of competencies of the qualification, Traxion would not be able to issue a Statement of Attainment for the specified unit of competency or a qualification. There is 1 unit of competency in this Qualification which requires vocational placement.
- CHCCCS023 requires students to have performed the activities outlined in the performance criteria of this unit during a period of at least 120 hours of work in at least one aged care, home and community, disability or community service organisation. More information can be found here.
Duration and Process
Duration of the Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) process is approximately 8 weeks to 6 months. It is largely dependent on the student’s ability to respond to the assessment kit provided. The RPL Kit normally consists of the following sections (please note this is subject to change, please contact us for detailed information)
- Self-Assessment Questionnaire
- List of Evidence Documents & Workplace Portfolio
- One on One Competency Questioning Interview with the Trainer
- Observation recording sheets
- Third Party Verification
RPL & Credit Transfer
Recognition of prior learning is all about the skills and knowledge you’ve collected through work and life experiences and then transferring them to current training course requirements. Credit transfer also recognises previous formal learning (e.g. other VET qualifications). It uses the copy of the qualification, record of results (which includes details of the issuing RTO and the date issued), statement of attainment previously issued to the student for each unit of competency, or authenticated VET transcripts downloaded from the USI (Unique Student Identifier) platform. All courses can be completed using an assessment only pathway through RPL in Traxion if the candidate possesses sufficient skills and experience as determined by the assessor.
The CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support is currently being funded by the Queensland State Government’s Higher Level Skills for eligible participants. Eligible students must pay a Co-Contribution Fee.
For full eligibility information, terms and conditions and a breakdown of the fees applicable please click here.