About CHC33015 | Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability)
This qualification reflects the role of workers in the community and/or residential setting who follow an individualised plan to provide person-centred support to people who may require support due to ageing, disability or some other reason. Work involves using discretion and judgement in relation to individual support as well as taking responsibility for own outputs. Workers have a range of factual, technical and procedural knowledge, as well as some theoretical knowledge of the concepts and practices required to provide person-centred support.
Traxion Training currently delivers this qualification as assessment only via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Students will be expected to complete a self-assessment kit as a first step in completing the RPL kit. If gap training is required to attain this qualification, students will need to complete the gap training with another provider. This means that, in the event that gap training is identified, Traxion Training will only be able to offer students a Statement of Attainment.
Enrolments are processed upon receipt of a completed enrolment form. All policy information regarding conditions of enrolment, refunds and our guarantee to complete all training and assessment requirements once the enrolment has commenced, is contained in our Terms and Conditions.
For further information please refer to the Student Handbook.
The specific course entry requirements are:
- As this is an assessment only pathway, demonstration of LLN capabilities is not necessary to prove / gauge the candidates ability to manage the learning content. Traxion Training will outline the RPL process clearly at commencement and gather evidence from the student to demonstrate their capacity to manage the assessment requirements. If the student is not able to meet these requirements, then alternatives will be sought.
- Technology skills – basic level computer skills and access to a computer will be required.
- Candidate should have approximately 2 years of experience in the Community Services, or/and disabilities and healthcare industry. Sometimes when students have less number of years of experience but believe that he or she has sufficient experience to be assessed through recognised prior learning, Traxion Training will assess these situations and requests on a case by case basis.
- To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed at least 120 hours of work in a specific range of skills related to the community services or/and healthcare services industry as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of the units of competency.
Entry Requirements For Funding
- As per Certificate 3 Guarantee Student fact sheet https://desbt.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0018/8145/c3g-factsheet-student.pdf
- be a Queensland resident
- be aged 15 years or over, and no longer at school (with the exception of VET in Schools students)
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident (including humanitarian entrants), or a temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency
- not hold, or be enrolled in, a certificate III level or higher qualification (not including qualifications completed at school and foundations skills training).
- Reference: click here
- Pre-requisite qualification: N/A
|Unit Code||Unit Title|
|CHCCCS015||Provide individualised support|
|CHCCCS023||Support independence and wellbeing|
|CHCCOM005||Communicate and work in health or community services|
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people|
|CHCLEG001||Work legally and ethically|
|HLTAAP001||Recognise healthy body systems|
|HLTWHS002||Follow safe work practices for direct client care|
|CHCDIS001||Contribute to ongoing skills development using a strengths-based approach|
|CHCDIS002||Follow established personcentred behaviour supports|
|CHCDIS003||Support community participation and social inclusion|
|CHCDIS007||Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability|
|HLTINF001||Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures|
|CHCCCS011||Meet personal support needs|
Duration and Process
Duration of the Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) process is approximately 6-8 weeks. It is largely dependent on the student’s ability to respond to the assessment kit provided. The RPL Kit normally consists of the following sections (please note this is subject to change, please contact us for detailed information)
- Self-Assessment Questionnaire
- List of Evidence Documents & Workplace Portfolio
- One on One Competency Questioning Interview with the Trainer
- Observation recording sheets
- Third Party Verification
RPL & Credit Transfer
Recognition of prior learning is all about the skills and knowledge you’ve collected through work and life experiences and then transferring them to current training course requirements. Credit transfer also recognises previous formal learning (e.g. other VET qualifications). It uses the copy of the qualification, record of results (which includes details of the issuing RTO and the date issued), statement of attainment previously issued to the student for each unit of competency, or authenticated VET transcripts downloaded from the USI (Unique Student Identifier) platform. All courses can be completed using an assessment only pathway through RPL in Traxion if the candidate possesses sufficient skills and experience as determined by the assessor.
The CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) is currently being funded by the Queensland State Government’s Certificate 3 Guarantee for eligible participants. Eligible students must pay a Co-Contribution Fee.
For full eligibility information, terms and conditions and a breakdown of the fees applicable please click here.