About CHC33015 | Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing)
This qualification reflects the role of workers in the community and/or residential setting who follow an individualised plan to provide person-centred support to people who may require support due to ageing, disability or some other reason. Work involves using discretion and judgement in relation to individual support as well as taking responsibility for own outputs. Workers have a range of factual, technical and procedural knowledge, as well as some theoretical knowledge of the concepts and practices required to provide person-centred support.
Traxion Training currently delivers this qualification as assessment only via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Students will be expected to complete a self assessment kit as a first step in completing the RPL kit. If gap training is required to attain this qualification, students will need to complete the gap training with another provider. This means that, in the event that gap training is identified, Traxion Training will only be able to offer students a Statement of Attainment.
Duration of the Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) process is approximately 6-8 weeks. It is largely dependent on the student’s ability to respond to the assessment kit provided. The RPL Kit normally consists of the following sections (please note this is subject to change, please contact us for detailed information)
- Self-Assessment Questionnaire
- List of Evidence Documents & Workplace Portfolio
- One on One Competency Questioning Interview with the Trainer
- Observation recording sheets
- Third Party Verification
RPL & Credit Transfer
All courses can be completed using an assessment only pathway through RPL if the candidate possesses sufficient skills and experience as determined by the assessor.
The CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing) is currently being funded by the Queensland State Government’s Certificate 3 Guarantee for eligible participants. Eligible students must pay a Co-Contribution Fee.
For full eligibility information, terms and conditions and a breakdown of the fees applicable please click here.
Enrolments are processed upon receipt of a completed enrolment form. All policy information regarding conditions of enrolment, refunds and our guarantee to complete all training and assessment requirements once the enrolment has commenced, is contained in our Terms and Conditions.
For further information please refer to the Student Handbook.
The specific course entry requirements are:
- As this is an assessment only pathway, demonstration of LLN capabilities is not necessary to prove / guage the candidates ability to manage the learning content. Traxion Training will outline the RPL process clearly at commencement and gather evidence from the student to demonstrate their capacity to manage the assessment requirements. If the student is not able to meet these requirements, then alternatives will be sought.
- Technology skills – basic level computer skills and access to a computer will be required.
- Candidate should have approximately 2 years of experience in the Community Services, or/and disabilities or/and aged care or/and healthcare industry. Sometimes when students have less number of years of experience but believes that he or she have sufficient experience to be assess through recognised prior learning, Traxion Training will assess these situations and requests on a case by case basis.
- To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed at least 120 hours of work in a specific ranged of skills related to the community services or/and healthcare services industry as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of the units of competency.
Entry Requirements For Funding
- Reference: http://www.skillsgateway.training.qld.gov.au/content/user/subsidy/SUBSIDIES-LIST.pdf
- Pre-requisite qualification: N/A
|Unit Code||Unit Title|
|CHCCCS015||Provide individualised support|
|CHCCCS023||Support independence and wellbeing|
|CHCCOM005||Communicate and work in health or community services|
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people|
|CHCLEG001||Work legally and ethically|
|HLTAAP001||Recognise healthy body systems|
|HLTWHS002||Follow safe work practices for direct client care|
|CHCAGE001||Facilitate the empowerment of older people|
|CHCAGE005||Provide support to people living with dementia|
|CHCCCS011||Meet personal support needs|
|HLTINF001||Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures|
|CHCAGE002||Implement falls prevention strategies|
|CHCCCS025||Support relationships with carers and families|
Vocational placement hours requirements
This Qualification requires students to have completed a minimum of 120 hours of vocational placement. Traxion Training expects students to have already completed these hours because Traxion only offers assessment only based assessment method and do not offer any training and delivery for this qualification. Traxion currently only offer RPL services to students who have worked at least these hours and is currently working in the industry. If a student doesn’t meet the vocational placement hours requirement in the specified units of competencies of the qualification, Traxion would not be able to issue Statement of Attainment for the specified unit of competency or a qualification. There are 1 units of competencies in this Qualification which requires vocational placement.
- CHCCCS023 requires students to have performed the activities outlined in the performance criteria of this unit during a period of at least 120 hours of work in at least one aged care, home and community, disability or community service organisation. More information can be found here.